Pippa is 7 months now, can you believe it?! I certainly can't. She has come so far in those short months. She is sitting like a champ for indefinite amounts of time. She has perfected the barrel roll to wherever she wants to go. She has started to do the army crawl and even gotten up on her knees once or twice. No teeth yet but eating solids is coming along. She's had rice cereal, banana, acorn squash, yam, avocado, and her favorite, peas. Definitely still partial to the boob, though. She's very verbal and likes to say ma-ma-ma, ba-ba-ba, etc., as well has a whole range of squeals and growls. And sometimes she sings, even squinting her eyes at the important parts for emphasis. Very cute.
But I think the accomplishment that says the most about her development is that she has finally come to realize there is a world outside of her crib that she can peer into if she pulls down the bumper. So much for being able to stay in the room after I put her down. I always put her to sleep while dancing with her to Bubbly by Colbie Caillat and sometimes I put her down before the song is over, so I let it finish and turn the iPod off as I leave the room. Well, today she caught me standing in the corner. I thought that maybe if I stood really still she wouldn't be able to see me, like a T-rex. That would have worked a month ago! But, I guess, I'm glad to report that my daughter is smarter than a T-rex. I might need to rethink the nap time routine now.
I know I've said it before and I don't want to come across as bragging (actually, I don't care a bit) but Pippa is such a great kid! She has such a great temperament and is super cute. I try not to compare her to other kids but obviously it happens sometimes. She's not as mobile as Elizabeth. Connor already has a tooth. Ect. But there are so many special things about my daughter. Mostly, she's good for the soul, you know what I mean? I think thats a little bit of a gift that she has. She brings a lightness into people's lives, just looking at her or playing with her. And its not just me! Even strangers in the super market walk away glowing a little brighter. It will be interesting to see how that manifests itself throughout her life. People feel good around her and the world needs a little more of that.
LOVE this picture!
ReplyDelete