Saturday, June 5, 2010

Baciame!

This Memorial Day weekend we went to visit friends in the D.C. area and had a great time. No matter that Pippa barely napped on Saturday. She can still be pleasant as a peach with only a 30 minute nap, apparently. (Of course, we paid for it that night when she got up 3 times, but you can't win them all.) Sunday was beautiful and we went with Jen and her family to a Strawberry festival. We ate our fill of fair food and, of course, strawberries. We parked it under a tree and everyone, including Ting, relaxed and enjoyed the scenery. Pippa was dressed like a strawberry that day and had loads of fun with the grass and her toes. She even had her first kiss with Jen's nephew, Sebastian!

There was a petting zoo there, too. Pippa would have prefered to continue perfecting her kissing skills with the cow but, being the mean parents we are, we wouldn't let her even touch it. There was also goats and baby pigs and even a mystical giant bird (side story: back when Sto and I first started dating we were driving around at dusk and I swear I saw a group of giant black birds in a field. He, of course, didn't really believe me or thought I saw some crows and my eyes were just playing tricks with the perspective. For years we would reference these mystical giant birds that I saw and wonder about them. Then, one day this past fall, Sto saw a flock of wild turkeys and voi la! The mystery of the mystical giant bird was solved and my credit was restored.).

After the festival we headed for home. Pippa happily slept for the first half of the drive, as did I. When she woke up I played with her in her car seat. I thought it was a great idea to give her an empty Fiji water bottle to play with, cap securely in place of course, so that it can't become a choking hazard. Well, FYI folks, it may not be a choking hazard but it is a 'I got it stuck in my mouth like a stuffed pig and I can't get it out' hazard! Needless to say, that required us to pull over so I could properly comfort her for a few minutes. Overall, it was a very eventful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment