Today was Sto's first Father's Day! Its actually been a great Father's Day weekend all together. Yesterday we spent most of the day at home just being home. Wow. What a nice change of pace. We are essentially home bodies who don't get the chance to be home together very often, so that was really nice.
This morning we went to Mercer County Park for the 'Run for Dads' to raise support for prostate cancer research. Sto walked with Pippa and I ran the 5k. The start of a new tradition, I have a feeling. Besides it being far to hot for a run like that and needing to pee from the start, it went really well. The last 5k I ran was on my 30 birthday and I have to say that I felt just about as good today as I did then! (I did nearly pass out at the end, but surely that was from the heat and not a reflection of my cardiovascular state).
This afternoon Pippa and I got dressed up in our pretty summer dresses and gave Sto his father's day present: the proverbial shirt and tie. But this is a gift that Pippa knew her daddy would truly like and she was right. She has excellent taste. Then we headed out to a late lunch with his mom, brother, and cousin to a new sushi place near us. It turned out to be delicious food and we all had a great time. Especially Pippa who sat in a big girl high chair (thank you sanitary wipes) and drank some water out of a big girl glass (a great way to cool her down on this hot day since most of it ended up on her dress). What more can anyone want, really, than a lazy weekend at home with those we love all around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment