Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Weekend

I have to start this post off with an apology. This past weekend was a blast, but we did not take one single picture! What's wrong with us?! Oh well. I'll try to be extra descriptive to make up for it.

My brother Ben and his family came to visit for the weekend and that is always a good time. They arrived Friday afternoon and we had just a few hours (spent playing with the new Wii) before we headed off for our New Year's Eve activities. We managed to get a 4:30 reservation at a restaurant that we like for dinner. It had to be this early because we were planning on eating and then going straight to our cousin's for a party. The party didn't actually start until 8, but we wanted to put Pippa down to sleep there at her usual 6:30 bedtime, thus the early dinner. Welcome to parenthood. Anyways, dinner was delish. We ordered a bunch of appetizers (mainly because preggo here was starving) and started feasting. Pippa is normally very good in restaurants, if not a little messy, but this night she was out of sorts. Turns out she was coming down with a cold and so our grand plan of all partying together had to be rearranged at the last minute. Ben, Silas, and Sadie ended up staying home with the sleeping Pippa (all too happy to play Wii all night long) and Sto, Michelle, Sophia, and I went to the party. These groupings make complete sense if you know us all. The party goers were the ones who like to get dressed up and be social, and the party avoiders are the ones who are much happier at home in sweats. Too bad for them because it was a great party and we still made it home in time to fall asleep just before the ball dropped. Sto was the only one who made it until the end...and then was asleep 5 minutes later. Ha!

Much of the rest of the weekend was spent playing Wii and hanging out. Sto and I have been playing Wheel of Fortune almost every night and all I have to say is that I need Super Mario Brothers. Wow, do I sound lame.

One last quick story. This made my entire 2011. As we were leaving the party Friday night, Lisa pulled me aside and told me that one of her young, single, cute, male friends was asking who the 'hot brunette' was and is she single. Who was the brunette? Me! I couldn't believe it. It made me feel like a million bucks. Ah, it's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment