Sto and I met up with Laura recently for Food Club. We took a little hiatus for the holidays, but we are back in full swing. We chose Fond this time around. It was rated in the top ten of Philly's Best Restaurants recently. It was not a disappointment, though I will admit I enjoyed Bibou more. It's located in the Passyunk neighborhood which, apparently, is a 'new' neighborhood. At least, I don't think it had it's own name before. It's been a while since I've been there and was amazed to see how built up it is! It's great! It made me long to live in the city again.
The winning dish of the night was the grilled octopus salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Laura's shrimp bouillabaisse was fantastic as well. To keep true to our rules we tried something new, too. Sweetbreads! Admittedly, we only had a small bite because the thought of eating thymus is just too much for us medical types, but I was not offended by the flavor. I don't think I'll be ordering it any time soon, though.
Looking forward to next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment