It is not quite 3 in the morning and I'm wide awake. Seriously. I don't feel this awake during the day half the time anymore. Why, you ask? Well, if you haven't already heard, I'm pregnant! We are super excited but I am now being reminded of all the joys of the 1st trimester. I had my first ultrasound yesterday in the office and it looks like my due date is actually about a week later than I thought. That makes a lot of sense now that I think about it because last week I was still feeling pretty good and thought I was going to get off easier this time around. Nope! As it turns out, it was just because I'm only now in my 6th week. I know. This is super early to be announcing, but the cat's been out of the bag for a while so who cares.
So now, in addition to reading all about mine and Pippa's (oh yeah, and occasionally Sto's) escapades, you will get the blow by blow of my pregnancy. Lets see. Where should I start. Oh yeah. I'm nauseous! And tired! Well, except for at 3am apparently. I now have a prescription for Zofran which really helps but nothing can take that nausea away altogether. And I get really annoyed when Pippa doesn't take a good afternoon nap because I could use a solid 2 hours every day. I've found that if I don't start cooking dinner by 4pm, I'm too tired to do it by the time we want to eat. Thank goodness for the Indian restaurant down the street!
My milk supply has all but dried up too. That was a challenge a few weeks ago. We had to start supplementing with formula and it took us a while to figure everything out. But now Pippa gets a bottle in the morning and at night of Earth's Best formula with other things sprinkled in during the day. I still nurse once or twice, but I don't think she gets more than a couple of oz a day. She gets some water or rice milk in a sippy cup during the day and I recently discovered (thanks Mary) that she really likes Hemp milk. I had never even heard of it but apparently its a very good source of protein and essential fatty acids. I haven't tried it myself (too nauseous) but she chugs it down like it came from my breast. Hallelujah!
So Pippa will be a big sister sometime at the end of June or beginning of July. Official due date still pending. She will be awesome at it. I know it will be hard for the first year or two since we will have 2 under 2, but worth it in the end. I'm glad they will grow up close together and always have each other around.
Well, I guess I'll try to go back to sleep now. Wish me luck....
Congratulations Heather:) hope you start being able to sleep through the nigh with ease:) - Jessica
ReplyDelete