Ok, this is an overdue post. I was waiting to download a picture to add to it, but I'm just going to post it as is and move on!
If you haven't heard already, Sto, Pippa, and I went to the Steven Colbert/John Stewart rally last weekend. We were really looking forward to it even though it was turning out to be a very busy weekend. We had the RWJ Hamilton Hospital Annual Gala to attend on Friday night preventing us from leaving a night early and staying over at Jen's. We didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but in hind site, it was a huge mistake. We were out of the house by 7:45am and hit very little traffic so we thought we were doing pretty good for a noon start time. We picked up Jen and went to the metro stop near her. It was packed! We ended up waiting an hour and a half in line just to buy tickets! It wasn't a bad experience, though. There were some very interesting characters in line to keep us entertained. Once we got into the city, we realized just how popular the event was! We couldn't get close enough to even hear anything, much less see! But we milled around the crowd for a while and soaked it in. Then we found a place for dinner to try and let some of the congestion dissipate before getting back on the metro. In the end it didn't matter, though. It was even worse getting home. At one point we even gave up and tried to get a cab, but that was going to take about an hour too. At this point it was already past Pippa's bedtime and I was on the brink of tears. Sto took control (God bless him!) and we ended up riding the metro a few stops in the opposite direction in order to cross over and get on board the correct train before it got too crowded. No matter that I almost got into a fist fight with some guy over proper metro etiquette. I wont dwell any longer except to say that D.C. is clearly not NYC!
All in all the trip did not do anything good for my sanity. Though it's always good to see Jen and at least we can say we were there...Now can anyone tell me where I can watch it on-line?
No comments:
Post a Comment