Friday, November 19, 2010

Questionable Karma

Sometimes I think I must have some bad karma coming my way. Its the only explanation I can come up with for why I get cancelled on so often. I mean, probably 50% of the time I have plans with friends, particularly for play dates, they get cancelled at the last minute. I'm almost starting to expect it.

Now, I don't want any of my friends to get offended. I'm not talking about anyone in particular or any one event. It just happens. And its always a good reason, too, so I feel guilty about getting upset over it. Someone is sick, someone's car broke down, someone's kid fell off the changing table. It happens! I've had to cancel too. I guess I just get so excited about these play dates that I'm really disappointed when they don't work out. I really really love my friends. I know some really great women! I'm not sure what it says about the rest of my everyday life that I so 'live' for play dates. As you might figure, I get a little bored. (Secretly, I wish I was still working. Well, I guess that's not such a secret) But I'm a social person and I have to get my fix from somewhere! And I'm getting bored with Facebook (gasp!).

So please, universe. Be kind to me. I promise I won't cancel on anyone unless its absolutely necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment