So as my first Mother's Day as a mother comes to a close, I'm sitting here at my computer feeling pretty darn good. It was a very nice day. In fact, it was a great weekend. I desperately needed a date with my husband and my in-laws were actually willing to come to our house to babysit. I would have taken Pippa there, but I much prefer she go to bed for the night in her own bed, even if they kept her up considerably past her bedtime to play. Sto and I went to a great restaurant we had never been to before and yet again I surprised myself at how much I can eat. Go breastfeeding! Then we hit up the movies...and ate some more. We also managed to only talk about Pippa for half of the night! All of this fun still got us home by 8:30, which was great because all of a sudden that seems late to us!
This morning Sto made me breakfast. Luckily I had already bought all the ingredients for the blueberry pancakes and poached eggs I wanted. I know my husband well enough to plan ahead! After we put Pippa down for her morning nap we sat down together to eat. Me with my yummy pancakes and Sto with the burnt 'first tries'...and plenty of burnt 'second tries' left over. Then I opened my present from Pippa (a lovely bracelet) and got teary over the card that 'she' wrote to me. We were planning on meeting the rest of his family later for brunch so he hurried off to round and I started the dishes and some laundry. (Hmmm. Whats wrong with that part of the story?)
Brunch with the family was a lot of fun. Pippa is getting to be so much fun socially. She entertained everyone very well and showed off her favorite vocals (grunting with a smirk on her face). She also look smashing in her pink tutu and striped leggings. There is no better feeling than when people dote on your child! I realize I am completely biased in thinking she is the most beautiful and smartest child in the world. (Wow, I hope she's not actually dumb and ugly! Mmmm. Not possible. Wink.), so I love to see other people thinking the same thing.
I am so thankful for such an amazing daughter. I am especially thankful for my husband and recognize how lucky I am to have been given him. And I am very thankful for great in-laws who love my daughter so much and make such a wonderful fuss over her. Fuss away family. Fuss away.
Hey Hot Mama! You look amazing in this first mother's day shot. love it!!!
ReplyDelete