I have been blessed with some amazing new friends. Sto and I took a birthing class of the Bradley method of natural child birth. It was a great class and we met every Monday. There were 5 young couples, all first time parents like us. Though we didn't really get to know each other as well as we would have liked (mainly because we were all starving pregnant women who need to go home and eat our second dinners by the time class finished), we did kept in touch through email a little bit. I was the first to go, then Mary (on the right) had Elizabeth. After a few weeks of being cooped up with new born in the winter time, I was going stir crazy, so I went out on a limb and e-mailed Mary to see if she wanted to get together. I'm so glad I did! After that first week, we got in touch with Meghan (middle) and basically invited ourselves over to see her and meet Connor. Connor came a bit earlier than expected and we had a feeling Meghan could use the new mommy support as much as we did! We now refer to it as the second week intervention. We've been meeting every week since and I am so grateful for them! All new moms need other new moms to lean on. When Pippa was going through her 4 month sleep regression recently, Meghan was also working on some sleep training with Connor. We texted updates to each other every night. It was like we were in the trenches together! And they were both SO supportive of me when I was having trouble breastfeeding. Sure, husbands are great too, and I have a particularly special one. But there is nothing like a girlfriend! Thanks ladies. And I could not ask for better kids for Pippa to grow up with!
Anyways, we hosted our first (of many) BBQ at our new house today. We had a great time hanging out on the patio, despite the 90 degree heat. Sto cooked some mean burgers and the grilled veggies where even better (so says the former vegetarian). I popped Pippa in her new swim suit and we tried out the sprinkler. She wasn't so sure, but she looked darn cute anyways. I'm sure in a few more months she'll love it. She and Ellie did love, however, the frozen wash cloth I made for them. That will definitely be a summer staple. Looking forward to the next BBQ and maybe a little bocce ball next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment