Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love It So Much It Hurts


So I had to take away a toy for the first time the other day. Not the last time I'll do this, I'm sure. There is a particular toy that was given to us that I'm pretty sure is laced with crack. I now refer to it as the crack toy, as a matter of fact. Either that or cat nip. Is there such a thing as baby nip?

This toy makes Pippa CRAZY! It always starts of normally. Enjoying the colors. Ooh, good to suck on, too. But after a few minutes she starts grunting and trying to shove the whole thing in her mouth. Pretty soon she's crying over it but won't let go! Its like she loves it so much it hurts! Once I took it away and she started screaming! This last time, I knew better and gave her another toy first but to no avail. She was too far gone. I've never seen her so upset. Anyone who's ever met my daughter knows she's not a cryer. But, this day, it took a long walk to calm her down! I'm still not sure what happened. Possibly she hurt her gums on it, but why would she acting like she was in a pie eating contest? Maybe she had her first temper tantrum. Can a 5 month old really have a temper tantrum? Great. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with that until the terrible two's! So, needless to say. The toy is now out of circulation. Maybe I'll give it back next month. But maybe not.

1 comment: