Thursday, June 20, 2013

Play Dates and Pizza Makin'

Play dates are fun! I've come to learn is that it is actually less work for me to have a friend over because then my kids are occupied and happy and I get a ton of stuff done around the house! We love having Pippa's classmate, Bella, over whenever they don't have school. She is a little younger than Pippa and a little older than Lincoln so they are a perfect threesome.  In fact, Lincoln and she will be in the same class in the fall and I know Lincoln is excited about it. (Never mind Bella keeps calling him Logan.)

The weather is great these days and they mainly play outside. They like to play 'Nature Trackers' and explore out under the pine trees. They even 'climb' the lilac bushes, feeling very proud of themselves. Hopefully Bella's parents don't mind a little dirt under her nails and pine sap on her feet when she gets home. Always a sign of a good time!


I like to try to have a few activities planned but usually they are having such a good time playing that we don't get to them. Pizza making, however, is too good to pass up. (Besides, I gotta feed them something.) This day I gave them each a ball of dough, let them roll it out to their heart's content, and then put the toppings on. Super fun and delicious. My house is the cool house to play at! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment