I want our kids to grow up making a big deal of certain holiday's like Father's Day. I know I am always pretty excited about Mother's Day so I wanted to make sure I didn't let Sto's special day slip past. So I scoured Pinterist for ideas, obviously. It had to be something that I could actually pull of with the help of the kids and something that Sto wouldn't be embarrassed to put in his office. A tall order, really. But I finally found the perfect idea. I just needed to find a nice quote about fatherhood. That took no less than 4 hours of internet searches.Finally I was ready to the gather the supplies. You might not expect it, but my nurse's training came in handy. When it comes to supplies, my general opinion is to always grab extra. A wise practice in the ICU and when crafting with kids, as it turns out. As you can see by the picture, I had to make a print of each child's hand multiple time in multiple colors. It was painstaking and time consuming. But I was managing quite well and excited about how nicely it was turning out as I placed the very last hand print. Sigh of relief...and then…Pippa…slammed her hand down at the last second and ruined the whole thing. I might have yelled a little bit. It's possible. But then I took a deep breath and did the most logical thing. I painted over it with white paint. It didn't work. I started all over again. Pippa was very cooperative this time.
We presented our gift to Sto along with a mushy card on the big day and all the hard work paid off. I think he even hung it in his office! In the end it was all worth it. Pippa and Lincoln really do have the best daddy. He is so kind and generous. He's funny and smart. He's quick to laugh and hug. And he's pretty cute, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment