Saturday, April 21, 2012

9 Month Holla'

I can't believe Lincoln is 9 months old. Yes, 9. Nueve. Nine. He's come so far from his first few days. He is now 19.15 pounds. That puts him around the 25th percentile (though I find myself caring less and less about that stupid percentile chart. Funny how as a new mom I was obsessed with it, as were my friends. I've come to realize that comparing our children to other people's children is almost always a bad idea.) And he's 28 inches which also puts about the 40th percentile (there's that pesky percentile again!). So he's tall and skinny, though really, no one can really call those thighs skinny!

He is a very entertaining kid and very easily entertained, too. He just thinks everything is fun and love exploring and getting into things. He love to bang things together and laughs at the sound it makes. I showed him the light switch the other day and he out right laughed at it. How great is that?! In his eyes, everything is awesome! Fancy new toy? Awesome! Daddy's old sticky sock? Also awesome!

He's full on crawling now, too, which he's been doing for several weeks. Funny how I was worried for a while there that he might skip crawling and jump right to walking. (You know that whole connection between crawling and reading thing?) Silly me. I clearly had nothing to worry about. In about a week he went from his usual army crawl to a super fast hands and knees crawl. And he loves to be chased down the hallway. We play this game on a daily basis and it always has me and Pippa laughing just as hard as he is! He also pulls up to stand and is starting to cruise on the furniture. And he seems to be perfectly happy getting down again by just letting go and plopping down on his bottom. Thankfully the cloth diapers give him a little extra cushioning.

He loves games of all sorts. He like the usual one, of course. Peek-a-boo. Pat-a-cake. But he also thinks it's hysterical when you hold a toy in your mouth unexpectedly. He'll keep taking it out and putting it back in again. He also likes to put object in and out of a container. (That's advanced right? I know, he's a genius.) He like to mimic the sounds we make too. Screams in particular. And Sto and I agree that he definitely refers to him as Dada. He likes to dance to music and will beat the floor to like a drum.

Play play play. That pretty much sums him up. It's probably part of the reason he doesn't nap well....still. He's a lot like a puppy. He plays hard until he just falls to sleep. Then he wakes up after a short nap and want to play play some more. He's doesn't wake up well, though. Sort of takes after me in that way. He takes a while to wake up and spends the first few minutes confused and grumpy. It's actually pretty cute. But he sleeps through the night well, getting up around 5:30 and back to sleep again until 6:30 or 7. Or like today, 8. Not surprisingly I found a new tooth today. That makes 7!

Love my growing boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment