Last weekend Sto and I had a date night planned. We had a babysitter scheduled, made plans with another couple for dinner, and then where going to the movies. I was really looking forward to it, as Sto has been working a lot and we haven't seen much of each other. Well, I should have taken it as a sign when my babysitter cancelled on me at the last minute. But we scrambled, and Ginas was nice enough to come spend a boring evening at our house so that we could keep our plans.
But then, the friends we were supposed to meet up with had a dinner reservation at just the wrong time for us. Too early to get Pippa off to bed first, and too late to make the movie we wanted to see. So that was out. OK, I was really looking forward to seeing them, but at least Sto and I can still have dinner together near the theater.
Um, hello Saturday night! It was crazy packed everywhere we went! And we live in the land of chain restaurants so that is saying a lot. We ended up needing to eat in the food court of the mall! Now, I know you know about my love for food, so as you can imagine, this nearly made me cry. But we made the best of it, laughing over our Greek Gyros filled with some sort of mystery meat. We finally got to the movies and settled into our seats with a big tub of popcorn and a cherry coke. Ahhh. This is nice, at least. Well it was, until Sto got called emergently to the ER and had to leave me at the theater all alone! Can you believe it?! A perfect end to a truly screwed up date! He managed to make it back for the last 20 minutes of the movie so I guess that's something. But the whole night was definitely not what I had in mind! Ah well. Can't win them all.
Awe! I feel for you!!! I would've cried feeling sorry for myself. Hope you splurged on some self indulgent ice cream!
ReplyDelete