Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas!

Christmas was fun this year! Sto and I have been brain storming about some nice holiday traditions that we can start. We came up with a couple. So on Christmas Eve we all opened 1 present: Christmas jammies. Then we snuggled up by the fire and listened to Sto read Twas the Night Before Christmas. Once Pippa was in bed, we spent the rest of the night wrapping presents and watching A Christmas Carol.

Thankfully we still have a year or two before Pippa is waking us up at 5am, so I was able to sleep in until 7:30. First, we opened presents! Pippa was very good at helping her daddy open his Wii. And Sto was pretty psyched, especially since he had been talking about buying himself one over the last week. Thankfully I was able to convince him to wait for the after-Christmas sales!

After making a nice pile of paper to play in, we sat down to another Christmas tradition. Breakfast. This is a tradition I grew up with. In my house we would always have pop-overs and jam or french toast fondue. Since I wasn't about to attempt pop-overs and we don't have a fondue pot, I decided to make stuffed french toast. Sto's was stuffed with cream cheese, banana, and peanut butter and mine was stuffed with cream cheese and raspberries. They both turned out great but the banana/peanut butter was definitely the big winner. Pippa, of course, liked them both.

Later in the day we headed over to Fred and Myron's for lunch with the family. Pippa spent most of the day practicing walking while holding on to just one finger for support. All that work paid off because the next day she started walking on her own and there has been no looking back! But more about that in another post. Somewhere in the middle of it all, we Skyped with everyone in my family. So thankful to be able to connect with everyone face to face, even when we're not!


In the evening we headed to Ate Belen's house for dinner with the rest of the family. By this time, Pippa was super tired (because, of course, she only took a 45 minute nap all day! Typical!) so we ended up putting her to sleep in her cousin's crib until we were ready to go home. Thankfully, that worked out well so we are hoping to repeat the process for New Year's Eve. The evening was filled with food and laughter. I guess I could say that about the whole day. A perfect Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment