So today is day 5 of grumpy, teething Pippa. She woke up a little happier than the last few days, but we've said that every morning and by the end of the day I was thinking I should have already called the doctor. So I had a wait and see attitude. Thanks to advice from Dr. Laura (Gessman, not that other crazy person) I was armed for the day with Motrin instead of Tylenol and it seemed to be doing a good job. I left Pippa with my MIL to go see my midwife and then do a little Christmas shopping. I arrived home to the report that she seemed to be in much better spirits all morning and even took a nap in her crib without fuss. (Did I mention she took a 3 hour nap on my chest yesterday? Yeah. That was fun.) Phew. Maybe the worst is passed, though it's still hard to tell if those darn molars are really cut through or not.
After lunch I finally got around to changing her out of her jammies for the day and what do you suppose I discovered? Low and behold, there is a rash all over her chest and tummy. For those of you who aren't familiar with childhood illnesses, let me interpret these symptoms for you. Significant fever for a few days followed by a rash on the torso = Roseola. Well that explains it!
I gave the doctor a call just to touch base and they confirmed my suspicion. Of course, at this point in the game its basically over and she is no longer febrile or contagious, so there really isn't anything more to do....except to call my friend Meghan and give her the not-so-good news. If you remember, we were at Connor's 1st Birthday party this past weekend when the fever started! Now Meghan has to send an e-mail to all the other parents to inform them that their kids were likely exposed to Roseola. Oops! Sorry 'bout that. My bad.
But I am very glad that I'm getting my happy, can play by herself and not need to be held ALL THE TIME, little girl back. Now hopefully those molars won't really become a problem!
No comments:
Post a Comment