We were also treated to a delicious home cooked meal. David is quite the chef and whipped up a batch of wings for the Phillies game on Sunday night. Now, I don't really like wings but I had one to be polite. And then I had about a half dozen more. They were really really good. That is one recipe I'm definitely going to have to get. We followed the wings with a couple grilled pizzas and a cold beer. I can't think of a better way to enjoy some baseball!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Food Club: Chicago Chapter
Laura, Pippa, and I were in Chicago this past weekend visiting our college roommate, Ashley. Ash has a couple men in her life: her awesome husband, David, and another awesome guy, Caleb, who is 6 months old. The next few posts will be about our trip, but we all know how important food is to me, so I'll start there.
We had a couple good meals. There is a bakery near their apartment on Chicago's north side called Angel Food Bakery. Delish! We decided to get a variety of yummy breakfast treats. Apparently this place is known for their scones and now I know why. The corn bread and bacon scone was amazing! Closely followed by the ham and egg brioche and the quiche. There was barely a crumb left on my plate.
We were also treated to a delicious home cooked meal. David is quite the chef and whipped up a batch of wings for the Phillies game on Sunday night. Now, I don't really like wings but I had one to be polite. And then I had about a half dozen more. They were really really good. That is one recipe I'm definitely going to have to get. We followed the wings with a couple grilled pizzas and a cold beer. I can't think of a better way to enjoy some baseball!
We were also treated to a delicious home cooked meal. David is quite the chef and whipped up a batch of wings for the Phillies game on Sunday night. Now, I don't really like wings but I had one to be polite. And then I had about a half dozen more. They were really really good. That is one recipe I'm definitely going to have to get. We followed the wings with a couple grilled pizzas and a cold beer. I can't think of a better way to enjoy some baseball!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment