Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Calamansi

I have a beautiful tree in my mud room, courtesy of my mother in-law. It's a calamansi tree and I love it. When I first got it I was worried I would surely kill it. That can happen with me. I do my best, and I really love having house plants but sometimes its just not meant to be. She also gave me an orchid once. It died a rather fast and miserable death. I potted some great mums in my large, outdoor pots. They looked great for a week and then turned brown and died. Still not sure why. 

Luckily, the calamansi tree has found a happy little place next to a large window and get watered often. Its so happy, in fact, that its bearing fruit. These are the calamansi fruit, which are a small citrus fruit. They are very tart, but delicious when squeezed into a glass of seltzer. I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment