Mother's Day this year was especially fun. Since Pippa is in school now they do fun things for all the holidays. For Mother's Day all the moms were invited to come for brunch. Besides the obvious reasons, I was excited to go because rarely are we allowed in the classrooms. It's supposed to be the kids domain and parents don't tromp through the way they can in some other schools. So I've only stepped foot in it a few times and I've never really spent time there with Pippa! I had that first day of school excitement as I sat down for circle time with Pippa and her classmates. The kids sang a couple of songs for us, showing off all their moves. And then Miss Lori read us a book about a mother bear's most precious thing being her cub. How could I not get tears in my eyes as I was snuggling with one of
my most precious things?!
We had snack and then Pippa presented me with a gift of flower seeds and a pot that she decorated. We couldn't wait to go home and plant the seeds. (Which, by the way, grew into beautiful impatiens that we enjoyed all summer long!)
On Mother's Day morning the kids presented me with their gifts. Their excitement could barely be contained. They each gave me a hanging plant of their favorite color. Pink from Pippa and orange from Lincoln. A great way to spruce up our back patio for the season. Thanks family!
No comments:
Post a Comment