Friday, August 12, 2011

Our Life At 1 Month

 So it's been just over a month since Lincoln's birth. 5 weeks, exactly. So how are we doing? Great, overall! He is a total cutey and I'm pretty much obsessed with him. Having 2 under 2 is a challenge, as expected. We have our good days and bad days. Today was a good day so I'm willing to say that the good days outweigh the bad. But I was singing a different tune yesterday! I admit that much of what determines our day depends on how much sleep I've gotten and how willing Pippa is to walk instead of being carried.

Lincoln is doing fabulous, though he is 'colicky'. It's pretty typical colic, worse in the evenings, etc., and thankfully keeps his fussing to the day time. (Hope I'm not jinxing myself!). I've tried all of the usual things and nothing really seems to help. I wear him in the sling most evening and sometimes he falls asleep, sometimes he just cries on and off for a couple of hours as I prepare dinner and get Pippa ready for bed. He is finally going longer than 3 hours between feedings at night, too. Though his longest block of time (5 hours) generally starts around 6 so it doesn't give me much more sleep. But I really can't complain. It's very normal for this age. (Can you tell I'm reassuring myself?)

He is starting to reward us with those awesome, gummy smiles! He is so cute it almost makes me forget all the crying...but not quite. He's working hard on developing his eye sight as evidence by frequent funny crossed eye'd faces. It seems every time I go to take a picture, he crosses his eyes! I'd prefer not to have a million pictures like that! Really, I swear he has a sweet little face. He's also working hard on finding his thumb. Please let it happen soon!

He's growing like a weed thanks to all that great breast milk he's getting. His 1 month stats are: Height 21 inches (50%), Weight 10 lbs 5 oz (55%, little piggy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment