Saturday, February 19, 2011

Food Club: Supper

Food Club this month was at a place called Supper in Philly. It was quite yummy. They have lots of appetizers and small plates so we ordered a bunch of stuff to sample. That is my favorite way to eat! Apparently, Supper is also known for it's daily deviled egg special, so we tried that too. While I liked the concept, it turns out that deviled eggs pretty much all taste the same whether they be BBQ pork or black truffle flavored. But, in keeping with my little boys taste for red meat, I decided to order the burger. It was a special burger, with cheese and bacon and even some fries fried in duck fat with a few extra duck fat fries on the side. It sounded really good in my head, but I could only eat half of it because it was so rich. Delicious, but rich. While we were waiting for coffee and desert, I started to not feel quite so well. And then I started to feel worse. I told Laura to let me know when the bathroom opened up so that I could go release my cow back into the wild. It felt like eternity, though I'm sure it was only a minute. But with every passing second I was feeling worse and worse and started to worry that, not only was I going to puke, but I was most definitely going to pass out as well! The thought mortified me and so I managed to hang on just long enough for Laura to drag me into the bathroom so I could lay down on the bathroom floor. Literally 3 more seconds and I would have been out cold and for sure they would have called an ambulance and all sorts of chaos would ensue. Thank heavens I made it! Laura then proceeded to hold my legs straight up in the air, which helped a great deal, and then even held my hair back as I puked. If it was anyone else there I would have been mortified, but it wasn't the first time Laura has held my hair for me, and it probably won't be the last!

Anyways, after that I felt much better and was able to return to the table and assured everyone that I did not have food poisoning, I'm just pregnant and shouldn't have eaten a burger. They all looked at me like I was a little crazy, but oh well.

So, it was an eventful night, but despite my shenanigans, dinner was delicious and everyone had a good time. Until next month, happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment